If you have one user account and no password configured, Windows XP will log you in automatically. Otherwise, you'll have to do the following:
- Click Start > Run and type:
- Turn off the option Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer and click OK.
- Download and install TweakUI for Windows XP.
- Open TweakUI (Start > All Programs > Powertoys for Windows XP), expand the Logon branch and click Autologon.
- Turn on the option Log on automatically at system startup, type your username and password, and click OK.
- Double-click the Users icon in Control Panel and choose the Users tab.
- Turn off the option Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.
- Double-click the System icon in Control Panel and choose the Network Identification tab.
- Click Network ID and follow the instructions on screen.